Tuesday, October 16, 2007

A few of my favorite things...

So here's a random list of some of the things that make me smile in this hectic existance. The only order they are in is the order that they pop into my head.

1. The sound of my daughter singing songs. Poplar hits are (CAPS for emphasis):
inkle tinkle... STAR...ow-eye under... ARE. up A buvv...worl... HI.. ike a di-mon...SKY (etc.)
or the ever popular: ABCD, abc, abcd (repeat randomly until you reach the next part), Qrs(pronounced eth)T.. WxYZ
SO cute.

2. My husband's mischevious smile. (I like his normal one, too, but the little "I'm about to do something you may or may not like" smirk... still makes my heart go Ba-dump sometimes)

3. Webcomics like XKDC and Penny Arcade.

4. A rainy day, a good book, a cuppa hot cocoa, and naptime. (Doesn't happen much anymore, but when it does - BLISS)

5. Blogs like Because I said so, and Catherine Newman's offerings at Blogger and Wondertime, not to mention the recently discovered ParentHacks.

6. Beating ornery electronic equipment into helpless submission, especially when someone else has already tried to do so and failed...victory is so sweet, and with a worthy opponent - BLISS.

I'm sure there's a TON more but that's all I've got for now. So... any other nerds, geeks or parents out there with favorite ways to turn that frown upside-down?

No comments: